The PE and Sport Premium is funding provided to primary schools to enhance the provision of PE and sport. The Government has committed to keeping the funding in place until 2020. It is for schools to decide how the PE and Sport funding is spent. Schools receive PE and sport premium funding based on the number of pupils in years 1 to 6. Schools with 17 or more eligible pupils receive £16,000 and an additional payment of £10 per pupil.
At Clanfield CE Primary School we aim to use this funding to create a sustainable curriculum for all children throughout the school. Some of the funding has been invested in the professional development of staff to enhance the quality of teaching for all children. A new curriculum plan has also been developed to create a consistent approach to teaching PE across the school.
Principles for allocating the funding
To ensure that our PE & Sport Premium is spent in the most effective ways the following principles have been agreed:
- Provide high quality PE teaching.
- Extend our range of school sports clubs to include lunchtime sports clubs delivered by a dedicated Sports Coach.
- Develop pupil sport leaders who take an active part in decision making.
- Increase pupils’ participation in the School Games Programme.
- Run sports activities with other schools.
- Monitoring and evaluation to demonstrate the impact of spending on the outcomes for pupils.
|File Size:||97 kb|